Doctor of Law degree in 1983 in Pécs
Professional experience and educational activities
- He worked in Zalaegerszeg as a civil law judge and then as the president of the second instance chamber
- He has been a Supreme Court judge since 1998
- currently he chairs the P.V. chamber
- He is the Chairman of the Judicial Council of the Curia
- Dr. Bartal was a lecturer of the Zalaegerszeg Institute of the College for Finance and Accounting
- in training programmes organised by ELTE Institute for Postgraduate Legal Studies
- He now teaches family law in programmes organised by Pázmány Péter Catholic University Deák Ferenc Institute
- He regularly chairs final examinations at the Faculty of Law of Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church
- He is a member of the Bar Exam Examination Board
- He gave lectures in trainings organised by the National Office for the Judiciary for judges
He has given lectures on and chaired events organised by the Hungarian Lawyers Association and other professional organisations. His publications have been published in professional journals, as well as he is the author or co-author of several textbooks.
He joined the Hungarian Lawyers Alliance in 1983; he is the vice president of the Hungarian Lawyers Association and member of the Zala County Organisation.